Careers at West Wales Systems
It’s our job to help businesses in west Wales get the most out of their IT & Telecoms solutions. We work with companies of all shapes and sizes, from home-based startups to industry leaders with a global presence. They all have one thing in common: their IT provider employs the most dedicated, friendly and personable people they can find!
Our customers mean the world to us. We move mountains to make them happy and we’re always on the lookout for good people to help us raise the bar. After all, there’s a reason we’re now the #1 IT & Telecoms company in West Wales!
Do you have what it takes to be part of our amazing team?
Is it you we're looking for?
To succeed with us, you’ll need to be:
- Honest – our customers trust us totally and we’ll be relying on you at all times.
- Motivated – somebody who sees what needs to be done and makes it happen!
- Reliable – we’ll be counting on you to get the job done, no matter what.
- Brave – willing to try new things, be innovative and learn more every day.
Our work is varied and interesting – no two days are the same and we get a real buzz from coming up with innovative solutions to challenges. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our team members are eligible for:
- Flexible hours and start and finish times, plus home working for some roles
- Free car parking at our lovely offices in Haverfordwest
- Enormous opportunities to progress further and build a solid career path
- Professional, yet relaxed, working environment with a clear focus on success
IT Technician – 24th October 2020
We’re looking for a bright spark to join our growing Pembrokeshire IT company to help us look after our customers’ ICT systems. Our offices in Haverfordwest are a hive of activity and we’re busier than ever (in compliance with social distancing), helping keep small businesses in West Wales running smoothly at all times.
Ours is a close-knit team of professionals who work closely together and go the extra mile for our customers every single day. No two days are the same and, as one of our IT Technicians, you’ll take on a wide variety of different responsibilities during your time here.
Our culture is open and positive and our people come from all walks of life. We’re inclusive, encouraging and are strong believers in putting people at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll do
Your role as an IT Technician will be extremely varied. Your day will usually start in our office at Haverfordwest where you’ll catch up with colleagues and use our internal systems to assess which of our customers need your help and how soon they need it. This isn’t just a desk-based role, though, and you’ll be expected to get stuck in to whatever comes your way. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact for our customers over the phone and through our email support system
- Taking control of our incoming support tickets, correctly prioritising and scheduling them for the right person
- Assisting to build and configure hardware i.e. computers, CCTV systems, telephone systems, data networks
- Installing hardware at customer sites including using a ladder and power tools where required
- Monitoring the health of our clients’ computers and servers and taking action to remedy any issues
- Washing and vacuuming our van
- Keeping our office space clean and tidy and the fridge stocked with goodies at all times
- Assisting with answering general support queries or troubleshooting issues reported by customers
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering/receiving goods needed for upcoming projects
- Creating internal documentation or ‘how to’ guides to help others tackle problems you’ve already solved
- Be a proactive learner with a natural desire to know more about our company and what we do
- Take ownership of issues and pull out all the stops to make sure we deliver outstanding customer service
We’re looking for a positive, friendly person with a great attitude and a burning desire to know more. You must have a full UK driving license for this role and the use of your own car.
Some things you’ll want to know:
- Your starting salary will be £16.5k, rising to £17k after successful completion of your probation period and £17,550 after a further 6 months
- We review all colleagues’ pay yearly in line with both individual and company performance
- Working hours will normally be 9am-5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays, but you might have to work shifts or weekend days with 7 days’ notice
- You might have to help cover our on-call rota after you pass your probation period
- You’ll be entitled to 20 days leave per year plus bank holidays
- We have a water cooler and provide soft drinks, squash and occasionally biscuits (depending on how the MD’s diet is going)
- Tea and coffee is also provided and we have a Tassimo machine if you like something a bit special
- We offer a great work-life balance and brilliant social opportunities (when COVID-19 allows)
- You will need a good understanding of Microsoft desktop products i.e. Windows 10 and the Office suite
- You should have a basic understanding of servers and network infrastructure
- You will need to show that you can use correct spelling and grammar as you’ll be writing documentation for others to follow
- Your positive and friendly attitude will put you head and shoulders above the rest of the applicants for this post.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] and a member of the team will be in touch.
The full job description and person specification for this role is available here.
Apprentice IT Support Technician
We’re looking for the next generation of brilliant IT Support staff. Full details here.
Sorry, we’re a full house at the moment!
BUT – we do take speculative applications from those with a strong background in our line of work. If you have B2B sales or marketing experience, or a technical background with IT Support, CCTV, Telephony or Networks, feel free to get in touch!
All of our staff must have an outstanding natural flair for customer service, great people skills and a genuine desire to succeed.
If you think you fit the bill, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] We will contact you when a suitable opportunity arises.
Please note – your CV and covering letter must explain to us why you feel you would be a good fit for our company and why we should hire you over anyone else. Regrettably, we can’t accept applications with little explanation as to who you are or why you’re applying. Sell yourself to us!